Special Education Class 3A Education Assistants
Resource positions districtwide
Seven hours per day, which includes 6.5 hours of paid work time and 30 minutes of unpaid lunch time
$17.75 to $18.92 per hour based on the current salary schedule
- Assists in providing supervision and instruction to students with disabilities who may also have behavior problems.
- Provides clerical and organizational support to special education teachers as needed.
- Works with individuals and/or small groups when activities and assignments are presented by mainstream teachers and/or special education teachers.
- Provides support for students in crisis.
- Willingness to lift, carry and physically manage as necessary.
- Can successfully complete Personal Care Assistant (PCA) certification and provide documentation of completion upon request.
- Other duties as assigned by teacher or principal.
- Minimum two years of college coursework or successful completion of the ParaPro assessment.
- Experience working with students who have cognitive disabilities, physical disabilities and behavior problems preferred.
- Word processing, filing and computer familiarity.
- Patient, calm and understanding manner when working with students.
- Sensitivity to confidentiality.
- Able to attend work regularly and report to work in a timely manner.
- Able to assist students with classroom assignments.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and has the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
Apply on-line at http://www.applitrack.com/rdale/onlineapp/
POSTING OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Human Resources Program Director
4148 Winnetka Avenue N.
New Hope, MN 55427