District Mission Statement:
“Our mission is to equip all students with the knowledge and skills to empower them to achieve their dreams and full potential while becoming responsible citizens in a dynamic world.”
Overview of the Position:
School is challenging for all students. Many students in our schools face additional challenges due to some type of disability, which may be physical, cognitive, emotional or behavioral. Educational Assistants implement instructional strategies under the direction and supervision of licensed teachers. The primary role of the Educational Assistant is to provide support for a student or group of students in a variety of classroom settings throughout their school day. All job specific training will be provided by the district at no cost to the employee.
- Have a desire to work in a school setting with students with learning challenges.
- Be willing/able to learn about a variety of disabilities and the educational strategies and techniques to assist students to be successful in the classroom. Ability to work with students who may exhibit academic, social and behavioral challenges.
- High School diploma (or equivalent) is required. Additional coursework in child development and/or experience in working with children/young adults is preferred.
Summary of Duties:
- Under the direction of the classroom teacher and the special education teacher, provide assistance to students with disabilities to help them be successful in all aspects of their school day.
- Assist in the implementation of a variety of academic, social or behavioral strategies and supports for individual students.
- Collect and record data pertaining to the successes and challenges of assigned students.
- Participate in student planning meetings and department meetings to facilitate student success.
- This position may also require:
- proper lifting/transferring of students
- implementation of sensory or behavior plans
- In some positions, assisting students with personal cares and skills of daily living
This position is 6.75 hours per day, Monday through Friday. The duty day is 7:15am to 2:35pm (includes a duty free ½ hr lunch). This position follows the school district student contact calendar (typically 171 workdays in a school year).
$14.74 to $15.02 per hour based on the current Level IV salary schedule. (Educational Assistant Work Agreement)
Educational Assistant-Special Services
For more information about this Educational Assistant position, you can also contact Deb Parson (Student Services Director) at 763-753-7046 or Kerry Schaff (Special Education Instructional Lead) at 763-213-1620.
The policy of the school district is to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The school district does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, including gender identity or expression, age, family care leave status, or veteran status. The school district also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees.