- Educational Assistant
- 5 hours per day
- Wage: $11.30/hr
- Assists instructional staff in organizing and conducting various age/level appropriate social and educational activities for learners.
- Depending on program and role could work with Kindergarten – 5th Grade students in one on one and in small group settings.
- Assists instructional staff in maintaining a stimulating, healthy, clean and safe classroom environment.
- Assists instructional staff in conducting planned activities.
- Supervises children on the playground and in the lunchroom before school and during lunch times.
- Assists instructional staff in creating a proper learning and classroom environment.
- Monitors, observes and supervises students throughout programming time including gym, playgrounds, hallways, special events, field trips, bus loading and unloading.
- Assists, observes, monitors and addresses student behavioral management issues. Assists staff in implementing behavioral plans, reinforcing positive behaviors, re-directing student attention, assisting with de-escalating outbursts, follows and implements any behavioral plans.
- Educational assistants will work primarily with children in the general education setting.
- Performs other duties of a comparable level or type, as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess the academic skills for the age level to be served
- Behavior management techniques preferred
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Possess strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team approach
- Be child focused
- Be flexible