Special Education Paraprofessional/Paraprofessional – Extended School Year SUMMER
Edina Public Schools is seeking applicants for multiple open special education paraprofessional positions beginning on June 20th, 2022 to serve our extended school year programming. Successful candidates will serve on the following schedule:
June 20th through June 23rd 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
June 27th through June 30th 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
July 11th through July 14th 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
July 18th through July 21st 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Experience in working with early childhood, elementary or secondary aged students.
- Experience working with diverse student populations.
- Experience in working with students with social, emotional and behavioral needs.
- Experinece working with students on the autism spectrum.
Tasks involved in fulfilling above duty/responsibility:
- Works under the direction of a certified special education teacher supporting students on Individual Educational Plans (IEPs).
- Demonstrates an understanding of the implementation of IEP goals, services and accommodations.
- Ability to locate and interpret accommodations on students IEP’s.
- Assists students on IEP’s with personal care services and activities of daily living including toileting and eating
- Perform student transfers safely
- Works with students in functional living skills, community and vocational environments
- Assists with bus arrival and departure monitoring
- Monitors and implements accommodations for students on IEP’s during unstructured times throughout the day, including playground and lunchroom
- Assists certified special education teacher
- Presents classroom work under the direction of teacher
- Assists student in recording classroom assignments in homework folders
- Assists students in organizational skills
- Demonstrates on-the-job professionalism
- Communicates on an on-going basis with special education teachers who direct your work
- Collaborates with educational professionals who also support and work with students on IEPs
Range of Pay: $16.96-$20.20 depending on previous experience related to the position.