Elementary Level Instructional Coach
Summary: To work with the Principals, teachers and district administrators to improve instruction and student learning.
Reports to: Building Principal
- Implement the District Literacy Plan.
- Evaluate literacy needs within various subject areas and collaborate with teachers and administrators to interpret and use assessment data to improve instruction.
- Assist in developing and implementing school continuous improvement plans.
- Use assessment data to assist teachers, administrators/counselors/support teams with placement of students in appropriate instructional intervention or accelerated programs.
- Facilitate training, planning and coordination of state and local standardized assessments.
- Assist teachers with analysis of formal and informal assessment data of their students, to determine the appropriate response to instruction.
- Assist teachers with planning, sequencing, and scaffolding of instruction.
- Guide teachers in determining instructional strategies that will best meet the needs of students who are not responding to interventions.
- Work to assure articulation from elementary to middle to high school levels.
- Attend scheduled meetings and conferences.
- Provide in-service training and follow-up coaching to assist classroom teachers in the use of reading/learning strategies in their classrooms.
- Work with teachers individually, in collaborative teams, grade level teams and/or with departments and learning cohorts providing practical support on a full range of reading, writing, and communication strategies.
- Observe and provide feedback to teachers on instruction related to literacy development and content area knowledge.
- Collaborate with teams on district-level in-service planning.
- Continue professional growth and strengthen professional teaching knowledge, skills, and strategies through an ongoing program of workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work.
- Provide staff development for teachers, volunteers, parents, administrators, and other appropriate personnel as needed.
- Encourage literacy and life-long learning.
- Maintain and promptly submit accurate, complete, and correct records and reports as required by law, by grant regulations, by district policy, and by administrative directives.
- Establish rapport with faculty and staff.
- Work to promote productive and collaborative relationships with and among school staff.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings.
- Uphold school rules, administrative regulations, and School Board policies.
- Five years teaching experience
- Current Minnesota teaching license
- Master’s Degree in reading, curriculum or related field
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching
- Leadership experience
- Knowledge of best practices in reading instruction
- In-depth understanding of the Minnesota English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
- Assessment and Data Analysis experience
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Additional information contact:
Tammy Cebulla, Elementary Principal
FLSA Status: Exempt