District Mission Statement
“Our mission is to equip all students with the knowledge and skills to empower them to achieve their dreams and full potential while becoming responsible citizens in a dynamic world.”
St. Francis Area Schools is located in northern Anoka County and southern Isanti County. We are a rural/suburban district, covering 165 square miles with our early childhood center, three elementary schools, one middle school, one high school, and one ALC. Our school district annually educates more than 4,500 students and employs more than 750 staff members.
Valid Minnesota Teaching License in Special Education; WILL CONSIDER ALL EDUCATION LICENSE AREAS. We are looking for a team-oriented individual that is comfortable and experienced in working with students in both the mainstream setting as well as small group instruction at the elementary level.
Summary of Duties
- Provide direct special education services for students who have disabilities.
- Provide consultation and support to classroom teachers regarding students on IEPs.
- Provide work direction and support to the assigned Educational Assistants.
- Collaborate with families regarding students’ educational programming and progress.
- Develop, write and implement IEPs for assigned caseload.
- Perform educational assessments of students as required.
- Ensure that due process requirements are being followed.
Duty Days per Year:
The duty day is Monday-Friday, 7:50am-3:50pm; 49 days (Long-term sub: 11/18/2021 – 02/10/2022)
Based on the current Teacher Work Agreement, will negotiate based on qualifications/years of experience.
Teachers-Special Education Teacher
The policy of the school district is to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The school district does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, including gender identity or expression, age, family care leave status, or veteran status. The school district also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees.