BCCS is looking for positive, energetic applicants with a deep belief that every student is part of our community and is valued and applicants that have the commitment and passion to provide includive earning opportunities, startring in the 2022-23 school year. We are seeking a dedicated professional to fill the position of Special Education Centerbased Teacher at Brooklyn Center Elementary. This position supports students with a variety of disabilities and educational needs, with a primary focus of need in the areas of social/emotional/behavioral and mental health.
BCCS is looking for applicants driven to uphold our Mission: To become a justice-center school community who fuels each student’s unique genius.
BCCS Core Values – Written on a foundation of students‘ voice, our district core values communicate the culture and character of Brooklyn Center Community Schools.
We stand front and center
We demonstrate passion, pride, and perseverance
We acknowledge and disrupt oppressive systems
Our diversity fuels learning
We fiercely lead in justice-centered educated
- Create and ensure a welcoming, safe, meaningful environment for students with disabilities that supports academic, functional, and social/emotional/behavioral needs
- Advocate for and ensure inclusionary and least restrictive environments and services are in place
- Utilize evidence-based practices and data collection to guide daily practice
- Build strong connections with students, families and community
- Collaborate regularly with families, team members, and community providers
- Complete all due process requirements, including direct and indirect service, evaluations, team meeting facilitation and casemanagement supports
- Provide direction and support to team members, including Special Education Assistants
General Characteristics of a Brooklyn Center Community Schools Teacher:
- Collaborative with all stakeholder groups
- Demonstrates a growth mindset with students
- Willingness to learn and advance research-based teaching and learning for self and other staff
- Focused on creating equitable classrooms and school
- Experience implementing culturally responsive instruction
- Evidence of data driven instructional decision making
- Evidence of building strong relationships and communication with families
- Ability to differentiate for all learners
- Professional and collegial
- Experience with instructional technology integration to support high levels of student engagement.
Qualifications: MN Teaching licensure, Special Education, EBD preferred
Pay and Benefits: Competitive Pay and Benefits based on the contract
Duty Days: 197 duty days for new staff, includes 8 paid holidays!
We’re not a community on the fringe, we’re a community moving toward a center. Moving in unison with a shift in cultural expectations. Our voice and achievement will not be disqualified, we’re moving toward a change in history and hearts.
Standing FRONT AND CENTER so we are seen and heard.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools: https://www.bccs286.org/
Please select this link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/brooklyncenterschools/onlineapp/
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.