1.0 FTE district elementary gifted education specialist –assignment for elementary district-wide gifted education program
Terms and Conditions of Employment based on Teachers’ Collective Bargaining Agreement
- This position provides instruction to students and support to elementary instructional staff in the implementation of differentiated programming and services within our Multi-Tiered System of Supports.
- Provide direct services to students in the elementary gifted education program.
- Conduct P.E.T.S. sessions in grades 1 and 2 in assigned buildings
- Provide push in support for students during What I Need (WIN) time implementing Talent Development Enrichment Services embedded into the school day for grades 3-5.
- Work collaboratively with and provide support to instructional staff to address the needs of gifted and talented learners in regular education classrooms (resource acquisition, evidence-based instructional strategies for differentiating, model lessons, advanced levels of questioning, co-planning, etc)
- Offer support to teachers in developing and providing students enriched, extended and enhanced learning experiences in regular education classrooms
- Advocate for and directly encourage the increase of diversity in the membership of gifted and talented programming.
- Participate in district gifted education professional learning, program activities and referral/selection procedures.
- Communicate with parents, building staff and other community members about the gifted education program and gifted/talented education.
- Work with other gifted education specialists on gifted related services.
- Work with other gifted education specialists and principal(s) of the assigned school(s) to implement the gifted education program in alignment with the Unified District Vision.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Minnesota teaching license.
- Advanced academic preparation/training for working with gifted/talented students preferred.
- Successful teaching experience (of appropriate ages).
- Successful experience teaching gifted/talented students (of appropriate ages) preferred.
- Knowledge and skills in diversity areas relating to gifted/talented education.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others.
Apply on-line http://www.applitrack.com/rdale/onlineapp/
Human Resources Program Director
4148 Winnetka Avenue North
New Hope, MN 55427
POSTING OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Equal Opportunity Employer