Description: 1.0 FTE classroom teaching position in a GRADE 4 self-contained setting.
- Support student academic and social/emotional needs through proactive and evidence-based pedagogical practices.
- Provide ongoing literacy assessments and appropriately utilize strategies in a reading and writing.
- Collaborate with other teachers to design and coordinate common assessments and utilize data to target student needs.
- Participate in regular PLC meetings as an active and engaged professional.
- Communicate frequently with parents, colleagues, students, and administrators through all available means of technology.
- Establish and maintain high standards for character and academic growth.
- Current Minnesota Teaching License required.
- Experience working with upper elementary students preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in teaching and assessing literacy, numeracy, and problem-solving in technology-rich environments.
- Effective classroom management skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in collaboration and problem-solving.
- Experience with curriculum and assessment design.
- Understanding of the role of parent involvement and the ability to collaborate with parents.
- Ability to use technology as an instructional tool.
Bargaining Group and Level: Orono Education Association/Teachers