Eagle Ridge Academy is a Tuition-Free Classical, College-Preparatory Charter School serving students and families in grades K-12. Eagle Ridge offers an academically rigorous education that uses a time-tested, Classical, liberal arts curriculum.
Elementary Teacher (1.0 FTE)
Eagle Ridge Academy, one of the largest charter schools in Minnesota and one of the few K-12 classical education programs in the state, seeks applicants for various elementary teaching positions (K-5) for the 2022-2023 school year.
First Grade (2 positions)
Eagle Ridge Academy seeks a well-spoken individual with a gift for teaching who is passionate about the mission, philosophy, and pedagogy of Eagle Ridge Academy. Qualified applicants will have the ability to develop positive rapport with students, parents, and colleagues. They will have knowledge of particular learning styles along with the skill to meet the academic, social, and emotional growth needs of elementary-aged children.
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Teaches using the course of study adopted by the Eagle Ridge Academy board and other appropriate learning activities
- Instructs students in citizenship
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems
- Supervises students in out of classroom activities during the school day, as needed
- Maintains professional competence through professional development activities
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities as needed
Desire to teach using the classical education model.
By joining the faculty of Eagle Ridge Academy, you will become part of a community that embraces liberal arts education, believes in continual growth and education for its professionals, and supports collaboration in learning for students and teachers. This community learns together, works together, and plays together.
If you are excited about learning and believe in its wonder and awe, are infinitely curious about the beauty around us, and are dedicated to the virtues of Eagle Ridge Academy please consider joining our team.