Anticipated Start Date: On or around August 18th, 2020
Salary schedule based on Teacher contract, previous teaching experience and education.
Benefit information can be found on the District Website under Human Resources and Benefits. Please look under Forms & Publications for specific Insurance Premiums.
Current Minnesota K-12 ESL teaching license
Desired: ESOL/TESOL Certification
Develop the student’s fullest acquisition of knowledge, skills, concepts, and attitudes. Assist eligible students in acquiring language skills and developing literacy skills that will help them benefit from the curriculum.
Primary Job Functions:
- Assess students for the need to receive English Language Learner (ELL) services
- Connect with the families of ELL students
- Collaborate with classroom teachers for the benefit of ELL students
- Develop instructional methods and program models for serving English learners
- Support English Language Learners in mainstream and content area classrooms
- Evaluate student progress; monitor the comprehension of ELL students
- Assist in administering appropriate state-wide assessments to ELL students
- Determine test accommodations for individual ELL students as needed
- Organize subject area instruction
- Design and implement assessments for ELL students that matches their developing comprehension
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Observe and evaluate students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Create a positive environment to ensure successful learning for all students.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children’s progress, and to determine their priorities for their children’s social, emotional and academic growth.
- Confer with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students’ behavioral and academic concerns.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Guide and counsel students with adjustment and/or academic problems or special academic interests.
- Meet with other professionals to discuss individual students’ needs and progress.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Specifications (Education, License, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Appropriate Minnesota teaching licensure for subject area and level taught.
- Effective oral and written expression.
- Demonstrated collaboration and relationship building skills.
- Strong communication skills verbally, orally and written
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to perform routine computer functions, including the use of email and Microsoft Word.
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
Apply online including a letter of interest and current resume
Applications submitted by 4pm on August 6th, 2020 will be fully considered.
Posting will be removed from the website when the position has been filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer