English Language Learner Teacher [Long Term Sub] Social Studies Focus
Provide high quality instruction to identified students and serve as a collaborative member of our English Language Learner (EL) Team. Position follows a co-teaching model, with EL Teacher collaborating with a general education classroom teacher, working in collaboration to meet students’ needs in the area of social studies and social-emotional learning.
- Valid Minnesota Teaching License.
- Valid ELL/EL/ESL Minnesota Teaching License.
- Social Studies License 6-12 is highly desired, but not required.
- Consistent and reliable attendance.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A strong equity background, believing and ensuring all kids learn at high levels.
- A strong demonstrated use of 21st Century learning strategies and approaches to ensure all learners achieve the highest levels.
- A strong background in literacy and language is preferred with in depth understanding and application of language acquisition and WIDA Standards.
- Culturally and linguistically responsive [CLR] trained or understanding is highly desired.
- Bi-lingual skills in Spanish or Somali desired.
For questions on this position, please contact EL Coordinator, Martina Wagner: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.0 FTE / Estimated March 11, 2021- June 7, 2021
Based on Master Agreement
ISD 761 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND SUPPORTS WORKFORCE DIVERSITY.