TYPE OF POSITION:
Monday-Friday, 6.5 paid hrs/day
Specific hours to be determined
Hours may vary based on program needs
Director of EL/Cultural Programs, Building Principals, Immediate Supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED
- Highly Qualified status – HQ status as defined by one of the following standards:
- Similar job-related experience
Under direction of the building administrator and the direct day to day supervision of the EL Classroom teacher(s), the EL/ESL Paraeducator provides instructional support to students needing assistance with English as a Second Language. This includes helping students with English concepts and skills and especially in their acquisition to function meaningfully in mainstream classes.
$16.75/hr (starting salary for new hires)
Online application, www.isd742.org, attach documentation supporting HQ status
- Supervising/assisting students during instructional and non-instructional activities
- Maintaining awareness and observing student’s activities/actions; assessing behavior including communicating rules, expectations and consequences
- Promote School District rules, policies, procedures, Mission Statement and Core Values
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a positive learning environment
- Adhere to federal, state and district student data confidentiality and privacy laws
- Observe, monitor, and communicate student progress to teachers
- Performing record keeping and clerical functions to support the administrator or teacher
- Other duties as assigned
- The ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time; may be exposed to adverse weather
- Frequent: walking, standing, sitting, hearing, talking, and seeing
- Light Work: exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
All Employees of Saint Cloud School District 742 are responsible to support District goals, to work collaboratively and respectfully with diverse populations of staff, students and parents and to model and promote a welcoming working and learning environment. Employees are expected to support and adapt to change and to demonstrate commitment to continuous performance improvement. Employees are responsible to establish and maintain effective communication with students, teachers, support staff, colleagues and parents, respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the District, and to be dependable and accountable in the performance of their work.
It is the prerogative of the District to assign staff so as to best meet the needs of the District.