East High School
32.5 hours/week | Monday – Friday | 8:45 am to 3:45 pm
Starting Wage: $18.20/hr + Benefits
2 Positions Available
Join the Duluth Public Schools team, where we work to inspire every student to achieve their potential and prepare students to lead productive, fulfilling lives.
Duluth Public Schools is seeking an individual to complete routine medical procedures and assessments for medically-fragile students. Provides for students’ personal care and assists with daily living activities. Assists with instruction and student activities, as appropriate. Assists with the maintenance of a safe and healthy learning environment for students
- Requires a minimum of a one-year certificate in a licensed practical nursing from a college or technical school
Certification or Licensing Requirements:
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), First Aid and CPR certification required.
- General knowledge of assessing injuries and illnesses
- General knowledge of health issues such as immunizations, diabetes, blood-borne pathogens, asthma, seizures, allergies, and so forth
- Knowledge of immunization schedules and laws
- General knowledge of administering such medications as Epi-pens, Insulin pens, nebulizers, and so forth
- Familiarity with database programs for entering health records
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding student information
- Ability to be flexible and work independently
In addition to rewarding career opportunities, Duluth Public Schools offers an excellent benefit package to employees who are hired into positions scheduled to work 24 hours/week or more. Benefits include, but are not limited to the following:
Medical/Prescription Drug Plan with Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- Single Coverage – District pays 100% of premium (FREE) + contributes $2,612.50 into HRA annually
- Family Coverage – District pays 75% of premium (25% employee contribution) + contributes $5,225.00 into HRA annually
- Single Coverage – District pays 100% of Basic premium (FREE)
- Family Coverage – District pays 25% of Premium
- District provides minimum of $50,000 of life insurance at no cost, employee may purchase supplemental life insurance
Long Term Disability
- District-provided at no cost to employee
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employees may elect to contribute on a pre-tax basis to Health Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- The District contributes 7.25% of your total salary in the Public Employees Retirement Association) pension plan.
- Employees may also elect to participate in Tax-Shelter Annuity options.
- Each bargaining unit contract defines time off provisions such as holidays, sick/personal leave, vacation, etc.
If you have any questions, please contact Chris Kohel at 218-336-8722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org