Hours: 4 hours/day (2 hours Volunteer Program and 2 hours Lunch and Recess supervision); 20 hours/week. Hours may include some evenings.
General Purpose of Job: Assist the school staff in maintaining and expanding community-school interaction. Provide support and coordination of volunteer programs within the school. Daily lunch and recess supervision.
- Assist with the coordination and maintenance of existing volunteer programs by receiving requests and contacting resources.
- Aid staff and school community in determining needs regarding volunteer services.
- Assist in the planning and implementing of new volunteer programs as directed.
- Attend appropriate building-level meetings, including PTO Board meetings, to report/gather information as requested.
- Assist in identifying and recruiting potential volunteers.
- Arrange volunteer orientation and training as directed.
- Schedule volunteers.
- Maintain records of volunteer service.
- Assist in the volunteer program evaluation process as requested.
- Assist with volunteer recognition as requested.
- Act as information source between building staff and District Community Resource Volunteer Program Coordinator and attend Building Coordinator meetings.
- Provide information about volunteer programs to staff and community.
- Perform other duties as assigned by principal or designee.
- Lunchroom / recess supervision
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to type, maintain records and file. Computer experience helpful.
- Familiarity with PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions & Support) helpful
- Demonstrate ability to work positively with students.
Job Type: Part-time, school year
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professionals
Salary Range: Per Contract