Hours: 6 hours/day; 5 days/week
General Purpose of Job: Assist the classroom teachers with instructional activities, working directly and indirectly with students.Candidates must be able to direct and redirect students in a confident manner. In addition, candidates must have a positive attitude, be willing to work as part of a team, and be flexible with their daily assignments.
- Assist in general classroom operational procedure.
- Work directly with students individually or in small groups on academics and social skills, e.g., science coursework, decision making, self-esteem building, etc.
- Assist students and teachers in large group activities/projects. Seek out special instructional materials to assist with students having particular learning problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned by principal or designee.
- Applicants must be highly qualified:
- Two years of study at an institution of higher education; Minnesota’s standard;
- A minimum of 60 semester credits or the amount required to complete two years of full-time enrollment as determined by the institution attended
- OR An Associate’s (or higher) degree; Minnesota’s standard: An AA, AS, AAS, (or higher) degree
- OR Received a passing score on the ParaPro Assessment.
- Demonstrate ability to work with students.
- Positive communication skills.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures of building, including SW-PBIS (School-wide Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports)
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professionals
Salary Range: Per Contract