Hours: 6 hours/day; 5 days/week Instruction (Support for STEM)), 1 hour/day; 5 days/week Clerical
General Purpose of Job: Assist the classroom teachers in grades K-5 with instructional activities in the classroom, science & engineering labs and makerspace, working directly and indirectly with students. These tasks will constitute the major portion of the Educational Support Professional time. Job duties include cafeteria and playground supervision.
- Manage STEM supplies and materials in our school, including organization, prepping for students, etc.
- Set up equipment and necessary materials for teachers to work with students in the classrooms and STEM spaces
- Work directly with students individually or in small groups with science investigations, experiments, etc. as directed by the CIC
- Assist students and teachers in large group activities/projects. Activities could include walking with classes to the lake, snowshoeing, catching insects in the prairie, filiming WVLK news, etc. Seek out special instructional materials to assist with students as needed.
- Supervision of lunch and recess.
- Perform other duties as assigned by principal or designee.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrate ability to work with students.
- Computer and word processing experience helpful.
Job Type: Full-time, school year
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professionals
Salary Range: Per Contract