5 hours/day – 5 days/week – Instructional
1 hour/day – 5 days/week – lunch and recess supervision
General Purpose of Job:Assist the teacher in the operation and function of the classroom, and to work with individual or small groups of students as directed by and under the supervision of the general education teacher. Includes lunch and recess supervision.
- Assist in general classroom operational procedures such as setting up and operating audiovisual equipment, setting up physical education equipment, preparing and setting up art supplies.
- Work directly with students individually or in small groups on academic and motor or social skills, e.g., math, science, English, color recognition, decision making, self-esteem building, etc.
- Assist students and teachers in large group activities/projects such as art, physical education, dramatics.
- Seek out special instructional materials to assist with students having particular learning problems, e.g., separate math skill worksheet, not a part of teacher’s curriculum.
- Type worksheets, tests, or various instructional material; duplicate and assemble.
- Correct tests via computer. Record results in grade books.
- Perform other duties as assigned by principal or designee.
- Supervise students for lunch and recess.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have two years post-high school education and meet NCLB requirements.
- Persons employed shall have the skills needed to perform tasks and work with children, staff and parents. Must have physical capability to lift and attend to physical needs of students as required.
- Participation in district training program prior to and during employment.
Job Type: Part-time, school year
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professionals
Salary Range: Per Contract