Description: INSTRUCTIONAL/CLERICAL PARAPROFESSIONAL
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist the classroom teacher with instructional tasks, working directly and indirectly with students. Assist with student intervention groups for reading and math. These tasks will constitute the major portion of the time. Includes lunch and recess
ILLUSTRATED DUTIES: The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental job duties:
- Locate/organize materials for use with individual student, small group or classroom instruction.
- Work directly with students individually or in small groups on academic and motor or social skills, e.g., reading, math, science, decision making, self-esteem building, etc.
- Assist students and teachers in large group activities/projects such as art, physical education, dramatics.
- Seek out special instructional materials to assist with students having particular learning problems, e.g., separate math skill worksheet, not a part of teacher’s curriculum..
- Record results from progress monitoring
- Recess duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by designee or principal.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent; post secondary education preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES:
- Demonstrable ability to work with children.
- Computer and word processing experience helpful.
Job Type: Part-time, school year