Hours: 3 hours/day; 5 days/week
General Purpose of Job: Assist the connect teachers with instructional activities, working directly and indirectly with a student (1:1). These tasks will constitute the major portion of the Educational Support Professional time.
- Assist in teh connect classroom and general classroom operational procedures such as setting up and operating audiovisual equipment, preparing and setting up art supplies, etc.
- Work directly with student individually or in small groups on academic and motor or social skills, e.g., reading, math, color recognition, decision making, self-esteem building, etc.
- Assist students and teachers in large group activities/projects. Seek out special instructional materials to assist with students having particular learning problems, e.g., separate math skill worksheet, not a part of teacher’s curriculum.
- Perform other duties as assigned by principal or designee.
- assist teacher supervising student
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrate ability to work with students.
- Computer and word processing experience helpful.
- Bilingual Spanish/English, Hmong/English, vietnamese/English highly desirable
Job Type: Part-time, school year
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professionals
Salary Range: Per Contract