Hours: 6 hours a day/ 5 days a week – working 1:1 with a student.
General Purpose of Job:Assist the special education teacher in the operation and function of the classroom, and to work with an individual student as directed by and under the supervision of the special education teacher.
- Implement success plan for student.
- Work with student 1:1 as the student builds stamina in the general education setting.
- Collect observational data about assigned student(s) in various school settings and report to supervising teacher.
- Assist in the preparation, collection and maintenance of educational materials and equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Persons employed shall have the skills needed to perform tasks and work with children, staff and parents. Must have physical capability to lift and attend to physical needs of students as required.
- Participation in district training program prior to and during employment.
Job Type: Full-time, school year.
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professionals
Salary Range: Per Contract