Hours: 6 hours per day, Monday – Friday
General Purpose of Job: Assist the classroom teacher with instructional tasks, working directly and indirectly with students.
- Work directly with students individually or in small groups on academic skills relating to math and reading interventions.
- Implement intervention materials to assist with students having specific learning difficulties.
- Collect and assemble student data.
- Perform other duties as assigned by principal or designee.
- Demonstrate ability to work with high-needs students.
- Have basic understanding of how to utilize digital learning devices (e.g. iPads).
- Computer and word processing experience helpful.
- Applicants must be Highly Qualified – Applicants meet the Highly Qualified requirement if they have:
- Two years of study at an institution of higher education; Minnesota’s standard; A minimum of 60 semester credits or the amount required to complete two years of full-time enrollment as determined by the institution attended OR
- An Associate’s (or higher) degree; Minnesota’s standard: An AA, AS, AAS, (or higher) degree OR
- Received a passing score on the ParaPro Assessment.
Job Type: Part-time, school year
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professionals
Location: St. Alphonsus