Hours: approx. 9:30 – 4:00; 5.5 hours Title 1 and .5 hour lunchroom/recess supervision
General Purpose of Job: Assist the classroom teacher with instructional tasks, working directly and indirectly with students. These tasks will constitute the major portion of the Educational Support Professional time. Includes lunch and recess supervision.
Responsibilities: Qualifications: Job Type: Part-time, school year
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professionals
Salary Range: Per Contract
- Assist in general classroom operational procedures such as setting up and operating audiovisual equipment, setting up physical education equipment, preparing and setting up art supplies.
- Work directly with students individually or in small groups on academic and motor or social skills, e.g., math, science, English, color recognition, decision making, self-esteem building, etc.
- Assist students and teachers in large group activities/projects such as art, physical education, dramatics.
- Seek out special instructional materials to assist with students having particular learning problems, e.g., separate math skill worksheet, not a part of teacher’s curriculum.
- Type worksheets, tests, or various instructional material; duplicate and assemble.
- Perform other duties as assigned by principal or designee.
- 2 year degree or a passing score on the ParaPro test
- Demonstrate ability to work with students.
- Computer and word processing experience helpful.
- Excellent communication skills