Executive Director Vacancy
The Benton-Stearns Education District is seeking candidates for the position of Executive Director. The successful candidate will begin work on July 1, 2021 and will receive a competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applicants must hold a license as a Director of Special Education as issued by the State of Minnesota or be eligible for said license prior to July 1, 2021. Strong experience in a similar administrative position is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in the general administration of a comprehensive program of special education services for a birth through 21-year-old population.
- Proficiency in communications and public relations including a record of positive involvement with staff and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience in the management and development of personnel.
- Knowledge and experience of Minnesota public school finance and special education financial management including budget development, deployment, and monitoring.
- Knowledge and experience in positive interactions with the Board and other governmental units.
Education District Information:
- The Benton Stearns Education District provides educational opportunities for pupils by increasing cooperation and coordination among the member districts. This is accomplished through an Education District Board that applies, receives and administers funding on behalf of the member districts.
- The Benton Stearns Education District includes six-member school districts in Central Minnesota: Foley Public School, Holdingford Public School, Kimball Public School, Rocori School District, Sartell-St. Stephen Public School, and Sauk Rapids-Rice Public School. In total, more than 14,000 students are enrolled in these public schools, including 2400+ students identified as needing special education services.
- The Executive Director is supported by a Business Manager, an Assistant Director, Supervisors for each member district, and a host of specialists who provide direct consultation and support services to the staff and students of the member districts. In total, 80 persons are employed by BSED.
- BSED supports three center-based programs, in two facilities located in Sauk Rapids and Sartell. This includes an 18-21 program, a Setting IV K-12 program and a Setting IV ASD program.
- Additional information is available at the Education District’s website at
Interested parties should complete an online application for the position available at the following link: https://www.applitrack.com/saukrapids/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Benton+Stearns+Education+District
In order for a candidacy to be considered by the search committee, completed applications must posted to BSED’s application site no later than February 8, 2021.