NOTICE OF POSITION OPENING
FACILITIES & SAFETY COORDINATOR
Eden Prairie School District is seeking applicants to serve as our next Facilities & Safety Coordinator. The Facilities & Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting in providing leadership and supervision to custodial employees, ensuring safe and secure facilities, managing health and safety, and assisting the Director of Facilities & Safety as needed to ensure the efficient functioning and operation of district facilities and that a safe, clean and attractive environment exists for students, employees and the community.
Eden Prairie is a school district with 1,400 employees, serving approximately 9,000 students. The district is recognized for its quality initiatives and its leadership in educational programming.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Facilities Management or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in risk management or related area.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws (e.g. health and safety, OSHA, MSFC
- OSHA-Occupational Safety Health Assn
- MSFC-Minnesota Safety Fire Code
- Knowledge of and ability to apply management principles and techniques.
- Evidence of technological proficiency.
- Ability to work independently and delegate work appropriately.
- Excellent organization, time management, financial and technical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with employees, visitors, and outside providers.
- Ability to research and gather information from a variety of sources.
- Ability to compute numbers and formulas to estimate and maintain budgets.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow safety precautions and use of PPE.
- Ability to follow laws and district policies.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Please review the attached job description to learn more about this position.
Salary and Benefit Overview:
EPSS Level 1 or AST Level L (depending on education and experience)
Salary Range: $83,682 – $90,570/year
20 days a year
11 paid holidays each year
Life insurance fully paid by the district for an amount equal to twice the employee’s annual base salary
Long Term Disability Insurance
Long term disability fully paid by the district.
Medical/hospitalization insurance offered for single and family coverage with generous contributions by the district.
Dental insurance is fully paid by the district for single or family coverage.
14 days per year cumulative to 254 days
Tax Sheltered Annuity Matching Program
District TSA with employer match available.
Tuition assistance program.
*This is an unofficial summary of benefits. All items listed are conditioned by more extensive qualifying provisions as detailed in the employment agreement between AST and the Eden Prairie School District.
How to Apply:
Please click here to learn more about Eden Prairie Schools: https://www.edenpr.org
Please click the APPLY button above to begin your application for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Eden Prairie Public Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Eden Prairie Public Schools does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation or age.