3 hrs/day, school term
10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Effective Date of Employment:
As soon as possible
April 16, 2021 – 4:00 p.m.
Internal Candidates and External Candidates: Apply on-line at www.district196.org
1. Applicants must be a high school graduate or hold GED.
2. Basic arithmetic, reading, and writing skills
3. Ability to safely lift up to 40 pounds, stand on a hard surface for 3-6 hours, bending twisting, repetitive motions.
4. Experience in institutional food service operations and/or school foodservice helpful.
5. Must complete Serve Safe course and pass exam with 75% accuracy or higher within 1 year of hire date.
6. Previous knowledge of point of sale experience preferred.
7. Ability to work independently and take initiative to complete job duties within the contracted hours.
8. Must be able to work independently and manage their time efficiently.
9. Demonstrated experience and proficiency working with a culturally, ethnically, racially and socioeconomically diverse school community is preferred.
1. Comply with food service manager’s instruction on production, preparation, and service of food.
2. Comply with department standards to account for meals (reimbursement and ala carte sales).
3. Comply with food service manager’s instruction on clean-up of kitchen, serving area, cafeteria and dishroom.
4. Comply with standards of safety in handling, preparation, storing and serving food.
5. Work on computerized point of sale equipment to process students through breakfast and lunch lines.
6. Work efficiently and cooperate with other employees.
7. Attend job-related training classes and workshops.
8. Interact with students in a positive and professional manner.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Food Service Manager
According to contractual agreement.
District 196 is a public school district of choice located in the southern suburbs of Minneapolis and St. Paul. It is the fourth largest school district in Minnesota, serving 30,000 students and more than 150,000 residents. The district’s 110 square miles encompass all or part of the cities of Rosemount, Apple Valley, Eagan, Burnsville, Coates, Inver Grove Heights and Lakeville, and Empire and Vermillion townships.
District 196 has 19 elementary schools (grades K-5); six middle schools (grades 6-8); four high schools (grades 9-12); an optional School of Environmental Studies at the Minnesota Zoo for juniors and seniors; an Area Learning Center for students who are more successful in a non-traditional high school setting; a K-12 special education school for students with emotional and behavioral challenges, and a special education school serving young adults ages 18-21. The district also operates two learning centers that provide early childhood and Adult Basic Education, and offers robust community education programs and classes for life-long learners of all ages.
In District 196, the sky’s the limit. That’s because our committed team of educators is dedicated to helping learners explore the outer limits of their vast potential. District 196 is nationally recognized for providing boundless opportunities in which students can learn and grow. Whether they have an affinity for academics, arts and/or athletics, our goal is to expose students to the infinite possibilities that exist for their futures. Together, we encourage students each day to pursue excellence as they experience their exciting journey along the road of life.
Equal Opportunity Employer
District 196 does not discriminate in employment or in any of its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, age or genetic information. District 196 provides equal access to designated youth groups. The Director of Human Resources (651-423-7859) has been designated to respond to employment-related inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies. The Director of Elementary Education (651-423-7782) and the Director of Secondary Education (651-423-7712) have been designated to respond to student-related inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies. The Director of Special Education (651-423-7629) has been designated to respond to inquiries concerning the rights of a student with a disability. The mailing address for all directors is 3455 153rd Street W, Rosemount, MN 55068.