- High student achievement
- Instructional Technology- Technology levy has increased the number of computers and other technology available for use in the classroom.
- Alternate Compensation- This program provides teachers with additional professional development opportunities through peer coaches, courses and study groups.
- Competitive salary and benefits- Our benefits include medical, dental, and life insurance; long term disability and employee assistance program.
- Professional support and development- First year teachers are provided a mentor and on-going professional development opportunities.
- Good People- We strive to hire good people that work well together and have fun doing it.
Full Time Reserve Teachers:
Pay (These are not contracted positions and would pay our daily sub rate. Days 1-35=$135, Days 36-70=$140 and days 71+=$150)
We will most likely be hiring a large team of Full Time Reserve Teachers. This position will also be eligible for health insurance and sick leave. These positions will provide day-to-day subbing support and will be guaranteed work every day which school is in session. We would prepare you for in-person and remote instruction. In addition, in the event we were moved to full distant learning you would be asked to provide academic support to our on-site emergency childcare.
- Must have a valid MN teaching license.
- Ideal candidate will have previous elementary level teaching experience.
- Ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of core areas such as Language Arts, Math, and early literacy.
- Ideal candidates should also have experience with multiple instructional designs and differentiated strategies that support diverse learners.
- Must have strong classroom management skills with the ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
- Must have the ability to build positive working relationships with students, parents and staff.
- Must have the ability to calmly and effectively deal with a variety of unexpected circumstances.
- Must be proficient with current technology used to support communication, academics, and student progress monitoring.
- Must be able to produce, analyze and respond to relevant data about student learning.
- Apply online at http://www.wayzataschools.org/apply.
- Internal Applicants must complete the Internal Application