WORK CALENDAR: 178 duty days per year. Refer to the attached work calendar in the lower right corner of this posting.
SALARY: $14.67 per hour
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4253 or email email@example.com
Job Summary: Duties may include some or all of the below responsibilities:
- Provides classroom support for middle school students as needed.
- Monitor School building.
- Lunchroom supervision.
- Monitor and assist students in the locker room.
- Ability to work with a diverse community of staff, students, and families.
- Patrol all areas inside to ensure security of the building and visitors.
- Know Crisis Management procedures.
- Communicate with appropriate school personnel regarding Middle/High School needs or concerns.
- Perform tasks within the level of responsibility of position as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum requirement; 48 college semester credits and/or a two-year degree from an accredited college or university. Please include official transcript(s) with application.
- In lieu of college credits or degree, one can complete the ParaPro Assessment test. The passing score in Minnesota is 460.
- For more information about the ParaPro Assessment test, visit http://www.ets.org/.
- The test is available to applicants who are presented an official job offer from the Rochester Public School District.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience working with middle school age students.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Flexibility and the ability to work as a cooperative team member.
- Positive rapport with children including the ability to correct inappropriate student behavior with fairness and consistency.
- Regular, on-time attendance is required.
In addition, the specific skills/educational qualifications for paraprofessional positions include:
- Believes that all students can attain high levels of learning.
- Takes responsibility for the learning of our students and his/her own performance.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students.
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
- Won’t shy away from today’s educational challenges.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills.
- Has a proven track record of success.
- Works with great integrity
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
Please visit www.rochesterschools.org to learn more about Rochester Public Schools.