1.0 FTE gifted education specialist
Terms and Conditions of Employment based on Teachers’ Collective Bargaining Agreement
This position provides instruction to students and support to elementary instructional staff in the implementation of differentiated programming and services within our Multi-Tiered System of Supports.
- Provide direct services to students in the elementary gifted education program.
- Conduct P.E.T.S. sessions in grades 1 and 2 in assigned buildings
- Provide push in support for students during What I Need (WIN) time implementing Talent Development Enrichment Services embedded into the school day for grades 3-5.
- Work collaboratively with and provide support to instructional staff to address the needs of gifted and talented learners in regular education classrooms (resource acquisition, evidence-based instructional strategies for differentiating, model lessons, advanced levels of questioning, co-planning, etc)
- Offer support to teachers in developing and providing students enriched, extended and enhanced learning experiences in regular education classrooms
- Advocate for and directly encourage the increase of diversity in the membership of gifted and talented programming.
- Participate in district gifted education professional learning, program activities and referral/selection procedures.
- Communicate with parents, building staff and other community members about the gifted education program and gifted/talented education.
- Work with other gifted education specialists on gifted related services.
- Work with other gifted education specialists and principal(s) of the assigned school(s) to implement the gifted education program in alignment with the Unified District Vision.
- Serve as a district float teacher as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Minnesota teaching license.
- Advanced academic preparation/training for working with gifted/talented students preferred.
- Successful teaching experience (of appropriate ages).
- Successful experience teaching gifted/talented students (of appropriate ages) preferred.
- Knowledge and skills in diversity areas relating to gifted/talented education.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others.
Apply on-line http://www.applitrack.com/rdale/onlineapp/
POSTING OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description.
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Equity is one of District 281 core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. District 281 will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.
Human Resources Program Director
4148 Winnetka Avenue North
New Hope, MN 55427