After school hours; specific hrs/days to be determined
Hours may vary based on program needs
- Prior playing and coaching experience at the collegiate and/or high school level
- Proven experience in teaching and modeling character and responsible behavior
- Positive, high energy, and committed
- Firm understanding of, and proven support for, education-based interscholastic athletics
- Partners well with parents, staff, community leaders, etc.
- View success not just as winning, but as helping teams and its members reach defined goals
The coach is responsible for providing leadership, guidance and instruction to student athletes within the program. The coach reports to, and works closely with, the Activities Director along with other coaches to determine goals and direction of the program. The coach is responsible for the health, safety and welfare of every student athlete participating on their team.
St. Cloud Public Schools has a tradition of excellence and a history of accomplishment. We are seeking committed and accomplished educational professionals who are looking to coach in lead or support roles in our extra-curricular programs.
- Coordinate the training, instruction, and conditioning of athletes with head and assistant coaches
- Communicates with Activities Director regarding team questions and concerns
- Member of the MSHCA
- Develops and organizes effective practices for athletes that teach skills needed to compete in our conference
- Demonstrates and generates, among your staff and players, an attitude of good sportsmanship and fair play by adhering to the “Coach’s Code of Ethics” and our sportsmanship guidelines
- Adheres to the rules set forth by the MSHSL and the NFHS
- Provides for the health, safety, and well-being of team members at practices, games, and transportation to and from games
- Affects a proper relationship with athletes and parents
- Assists equipment manager with the distribution and collection of equipment on a timely basis, informing athletes of their responsibility for the use and return of athletic equipment/uniforms
- Assists the athletic administrative assistant in post-season reporting, awards/recognition protocols, and banquet planning as needed
- Actively recruits at the middle school and junior high school levels
- Participates in required district and MSHSL training and education
- Participates in off-season clinics, camps and program activities as directed by the Activities Director
- Other duties as assigned
- Frequent: walking, standing, bending, sitting, hearing, talking, and seeing
All Employees of Saint Cloud School District 742 are responsible to support District goals, to work collaboratively and respectfully with diverse populations of staff, students and parents and to model and promote a welcoming working and learning environment. Employees are expected to support and adapt to change and to demonstrate commitment to continuous performance improvement. Employees are responsible to establish and maintain effective communication with students, teachers, support staff, colleagues and parents, respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the District, and to be dependable and accountable in the performance of their work.
It is the prerogative of the District to assign staff so as to best meet the needs of the District.