Anticipated Start Date: August 23rd, 2021
Salary schedule based on Teacher contract, $31/hr
Benefit information can be found on the District Website under Human Resources and Benefits. Please look under Forms & Publications for specific Insurance Premiums.
Valid Minnesota Teaching License
Great Rivers Adult Education Consortium teachers work within classrooms delivering required core content in all Adult Basic Education Programming. Teachers must be knowledgeable of the needs and goals of students from a wide range of countries, cultures, educational levels, and English language levels.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Teach designated curriculum as required by Adult Basic Education Standards. Prepare classroom and materials for class activities which includes a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time with opportunities for students to observe, question, and investigate.
2. Collaborate and communicate with all Great Rivers Adult Education – ACCESS and School District Staff and Program Partners to provide resources to Adult students and their families being sensitive to their culture.
3. Provide instruction for out-of-school youth and adults in basic education classes, preparatory classes for the GED test, literacy and numeracy skills, and/or English as a Second Language using knowledge of the various learning styles and needs of students.
4. Create opportunities and pathways for students to connect with the community: job search skills, assist their children within the school system, complete a diploma/GED, learn English, continue formal education and to reach their personal goals.
5. Administer and monitor curriculum for GED/Diploma or ESL students and assist with post-tests on site as needed by Great Rivers office staff.
6. Responsible for accurate attendance recording and/or communication with office for accurate yearly data reporting.
7. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs, abilities, and interests, including skills and benchmarks on CASAS and TABE assessments.
8.Observe and evaluate students’ work to determine progress and make suggestions for improvement based on formative and summative evaluations including the use of Individual Diagnostic Profiles completed after each assessment
9. Interact and work one-on-one with co-teachers, volunteers and students as needed in ESL, GED, and Jail programs.
10. Attend trainings and professional development opportunities related to Adult Basic Education.
11. Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- Minnesota Teaching License.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field.
- Experience teaching core subjects in multi-level classrooms.
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to perform routine computer functions, including the use of email, Microsoft Word and Google docs as well as the data systems required in Adult Basic Education.
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Responds to requests for information and data in a timely matter.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Minnesota teaching license in field related to Adult Basic Education
- Experience working with Adults from different cultures and countries.
- Previous experience working in Adult Basic Education Programs.
- Experience working with students of varied capabilities and learning styles with English as their second language.
- Willing to work within a Minnesota State College, a correctional setting and partner with Workforce Centers to deliver educational services.
- Experience working in a correctional facility (youth or adult).
Apply online including a letter of interest and current resume
Applications submitted by 4:00 pm on May 4th, 2021 will be fully considered.
Posting will be removed from the website when the position has been filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer