POSITION: Gymnastics Instructor for Community Education (Part Time)
HOURS: Hours vary. Monday – Friday and weekend hours
LOCATION: East Ridge High School, Woodbury High School, Park High School
HOURLY RATE: $9.00-$22.00/hr DOQ
Provide instruction and coaching to students at various age levels.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide instruction and/or coaching to a variety of age levels, including preschool through high school students.
2. Ensure environment and equipment is safe and maintained.
3. Respond effectively to emergency situations.
4. Report any equipment, injury or safety issues to supervisor.
5. Maintain effective communication levels with students, parents/guardians and/or other adults.
6. Communicate regularly with supervisor.
7. Attend regular mandatory skill and coaching clinics.
8. Other duties as assigned
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
1. Coaching background with preschool through high students.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of basic skills and techniques in designated sport or activity.
3. Ability to effectively teach skills and techniques to a variety of age groups and ability levels.
4. Effective communication skills with both youth and adults
5. First Aid and/or CPR training or ability to be trained
6. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
7. Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
8. Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
9. Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
1. High School diploma
2. Previous coaching experience
ANTICIPATED START DATE: Current Openings
POSTING ENDS: Posted until position is filled