Check out this link to see some of the things that make OUR district a great place to work! http://youtu.be/PTABWAsbnqY
– Participation in Minnesota State retirement program. Can contribute to 403(b) and may be eligible for district match based on union contract.
– Medical insurance benefits at 25 hours per week. Participation in High Deductible plan includes contribution to a VEBA per union contract. Click here for more details.
– Position follows school calendar with the option to work in other summer paraprofessional positions if interested.
Base rate of pay is $15.75/hour. Eligible for an additional $.50 per hour once Highly Qualified status is achieved (2 or 4 year degree, OR 60 semester credits OR successful completion of the Para Pro which is offered by the district once a month).
Hours per day or per week: 6 hours per day
Position start and end time: 7:15 a.m. – 1:45 p.m.
Available for Application: July 28, 2020 until filled
This position is responsible for student supervision in and around school and grounds; before, during and after the school day. This includes large-group student supervision during the lunch period. Implementation of positive and consistent expectations will provide both emotional and physical safety to each individual child.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Familiarize students with and enforces a set of appropriate and expected behavioral guidelines and consequences for lunchroom and hallway during lunch periods, as directed.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with students to enhance their self-concept and a positive attitude toward learning.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all kitchen, lunchroom, and building staff so that all employees and visitors experience a positive working atmosphere of mutual respect.
- Escort students to lunchroom, restrooms, lockers, and nurse’s office, as necessary.
- Provide building entrance supervision, follow student sign-in procedures and verify identification of adults picking up students.
- Supervise hallways during class periods, during passing times and before and after school hours. This includes periodic checks of restrooms and physical education locker rooms during passing times and at the beginning and end of class.
- Supervise parking and bus loading areas.
- Provide hall supervision during all lunch periods.
- Provide on-site conflict resolution, referring incidents to building administration for attention.
- Assist lunchroom staff with wiping down tables and other lunchroom duties as needed.
- Distribute student passes to classroom teachers.
- Provide other student and area supervision as directed by building principal.
- Monitor security cameras in building.
- Provide building support in monitoring student attendance and class punctuality.
- Understand and maintain boundaries and confidentiality with students, families, and staff.
- Maintain a high level of fairness, confidentiality, respect and equity for all students, staff and families.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Competencies as required by State of Minnesota, Federal government, and/or District 833.
- Proven teamwork, confidentiality, and communication skills.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and desire to work with youth in the 11-18 year age group.
- Demonstrates ability to establish guidelines of behavior and to enforce the consequences in a consistent manner.
- Demonstrates ability to supervise large groups of students.
- Models appropriate behavior, neat appearance, and proper grammar usage for all students. Helps provide a positive learning environment.
- Actively participate in district-sponsored training when offered.
- Ability to perform routine computer functions, including email, Internet navigation and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to pass Paraprofessional fitness for duty tests.
- Ability to lift and carry 10 pounds.
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
- Trained in and experience utilizing behavioral management techniques.
- Demonstrates knowledge of behavior characteristics of secondary students.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER