Date Available: Immediately
Duty Days Per Year: Spring Sports Season; plus planning of off-season program
Hours Per Day: Varies as arranged with supervisor
Type of Position: (X) Continuing ( ) Temporary
Salary: Varies based on experience and Schedule C of the Teacher’s Work Agreement
Supervisor of Position: Brian Julson, Activities Director
Qualifications: Tennis – Varsity Head Coach
The Head Coach position is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to student athletes and assistant coaches within the program. The Head Coach reports to and works closely with the Activities Director to determine the goals and direction of the program. The Head Coach is responsible for the health, safety and welfare of every student athlete participating in their program for St. Francis High School.
Preferred: Tennis coaching experience at a middle or high school level (could be tennis club). Also playing experience would be considered. MN coaching certificate or MSHSL/ National Federation Interscholastic Coaches Education Program completion. Extensive knowledge of the sport.
Successful candidates must also show competency in the following:
- Proven experience in teaching and modeling character and responsible behavior
- Positive, high energy, and committed
- Partners well with parents, staff, community leaders etc.
- View success not just as winning, but as helping team members to reach goals
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordinate the training, instruction, conditioning, and selection of athletes with head.
- Follows and meets all expectations set forth by St. Francis Public Schools regarding the position of an assistant coach.
- Communicates with team members, their families, and coaching staff pertinent questions and concerns.
- Develops and organizes effective practices for athletes that teach tennis skills needed to compete in our conference.
- Collaborates with the activities director in schedule appropriate non-conference matches to appropriately develop our team.
- Demonstrates and generates among your staff and players an attitude of good sportsmanship and fair play by adhering to the Coach’s Code of Ethics and our conference Sportsmanship Guidelines.
- Adheres to the start and end dates of the tennis season and rules pertaining to out-of season coaching as determined by the MSHSL.
- Provides for the health, safety, and well being of team members at practices, games, and transportation to and from games. This includes oversight of the Boys tennis locker room.
- Affects a proper relationship with athletes and parents.
- Distributes and collects equipment on a timely basis, informing athletes of their responsibility for the use and return of athletic equipment/uniforms. It is the coach’s responsibility to collect all equipment/uniforms that has been issued.
- Assists in arranging for a post season gathering and inform the athletic administrative assistant of certificates needed.
- Completes a post season report along with the Head Coach with necessary information as stated by Activities Director and head coach.
- Other duties as assigned
The policy of the school district is to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The school district does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, including gender identity or expression, age, family care leave status, or veteran status. The school district also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees.