Head Coach – Gymnastics – St. James Area
1. Is responsible for development and operation of the total program.
2. Apply knowledge of skills, techniques, and rules of the sport to assist athletes to reach their potential.
3. Develop positive team culture.
4. Display sound methods to teach skills and techniques.
5. Maintain discipline in a firm and friendly manner.
6. Conduct well-planned practice sessions.
7. Utilize assistant coaches competently.
8. Adhere to school and district budget policies and procedure.
9. Issue and inventory equipment.
10. Plan and implement activities within the school district that encourage the development of an articulated feeder program.
11. Work cooperatively with the activities director to recruit coaches for the program.
12. Evaluates assistant coaches.
13. Assist the athletic director with the development of team schedule of contests.
14. Establish and maintain a positive line of communication with student athletes, parents and community.
15. Establish and articulate a specific coaching philosophy for the program.
16. Develops procedures for keeping parents and athletes informed.
17. Updates the activities director during season about any issues, concerns, or highlights.
18. Follows the policies and procedures of the MSHSL, Section, Conference, and St. James High School.
19. Schedules and plans a post-season awards night.
(The head coach must be certified or become certified as a coach in Minnesota)
Date of Availability: 2022-23 school year
Date Closing: Open until filled