Stipends available for head coaches
Monday and Thursday evening practices in the fall through Late-Janaury with 2-3 competition dates and occasional weekend dates for community events.
1. Provide leadership and guidance for all cheer participants.
2. Attend and coach practices, weekend competitions, and community events.
3. Collaborate with assistant coaches to organize, set – up, and ensure a safe practice or competition.
4. Help all participants to develop to their full potential.
5. Implement age appropriate program philosophies, goals, policy and procedures.
6. Ensure that all participants follow Minnetonka School District guidelines and code of conduct.
7. Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
8. Promote sportsmanship and respect for judges, teams, parents, fans, athletes, administrators and fellow competitors.
1. Complete concussion training as required by law.
2. Prior experience in cheer is required.
3. Evidence of successful coaching experience; ability to teach fundamental skills.
4. Positive, enthusiastic, respectful attitude
5. Strong communication skills.
6. Proven ability to work with students, parents, and staff.
7. Commitment to program’s high standards
8. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
9. AACCA completion is preferred