Posting # 3469
Salary: Stipend per Teacher Master Agreement
Interested applicants should apply online at http://www.colheights.k12.mn.us/
Questions regarding this position should be directed to Jake Henderson, Activities Manager, 763-528-4511, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be scheduled at the request of the School District.
Primary Objective: To coordinate the selection, instruction, training, and conditioning of all athletes at all levels in your sport. Positively contribute to the education of each student-athlete in said program. Be the primary catalyst for developing, communicating, and implementing a clear vision for the program under your direction.
- Possess a valid Minnesota coaching Certificate, or be a certified teacher.
- Have ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Have a substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, have a willingness to continually examine new procedures and theories pertinent to the sport.
- Develop a positive relationship with the coaches and leaders of the youth program for your sport and provide assistance to them when appropriate.
- Develop a positive relationship with the athletes participating in the youth programs for your sport.
- Coaches should exhibit evidence of the following: excellent sportsmanship, poise and self-control, sense of fairness and judgment, healthy role-modeling, leadership skills, ability to discipline, exceptional motivational skills, and excellent communication skills.
- Know and administer the policies, procedures, and guidelines set forth in the Columbia Heights Handbook, the North Suburban Conference Bylaws and the MSHSL policies for your sport
- Provide for the health, safety, and well-being of team members
- Adhere to the start and end dates for your sport