Posting # 3788
Posting Dates: May 12, 2022 – until filled
Interested applicants should apply online at www.colheights.k12.mn.us
Interviews will be scheduled at the request of the School District.
Questions regarding this position should be directed to Jake Henderson, Activities Director, 763-528-4511, firstname.lastname@example.org
Position begins August 2022
Salary: Stipend per Teacher Master Agreement
Accountable to the Acitivities Director..
Primary Objective: To coordinate the selection, instruction, training, and conditioning of all athletes at all levels in your sport. Positively contribute to the education of each student-athlete in said program. Be the primary catalyst for developing, communicating, and implementing a clear vision for the program under your direction.
- Possess a valid Minnesota coaching Certificate, or be a certified teacher.
- Have ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Have a substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, have a willingness to continually examine new procedures and theories pertinent to the sport.
- Develop a positive relationship with the coaches and leaders of the youth program for your sport and provide assistance to them when appropriate.
- Develop a positive relationship with the athletes participating in the youth programs for your sport.
- Coaches should exhibit evidence of the following: excellent sportsmanship, poise and self-control, sense of fairness and judgment, healthy role-modeling, leadership skills, ability to discipline, exceptional motivational skills, and excellent communication skills.
- Know and administer the policies, procedures, and guidelines set forth in the Columbia Heights Handbook, the North Suburban Conference Bylaws and the MSHSL policies for your sport
- Provide for the health, safety, and well-being of team members
- Adhere to the start and end dates for your sport
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Comprehensive knowledge of first aid, CPR and treatment and care of injuries; comprehensive knowledge of school
board policies related to sporting and extra-curricular programs; comprehensive knowledge of applicable state rules,
regulations and standards; comprehensive knowledge of district policies, manuals, programs, processes and procedures;
thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic; general knowledge of financial records; general
knowledge of school forms and records; thorough skill developing and evaluation student based athlete statistics;
thorough skill monitoring and adapting budget information into sport related programs; general skill using and
monitoring the safety of standard sport related equipment; general skill operating CPR, AED and standard first aid
equipment; ability to meet the public effectively; ability to maintain and enhance knowledge of sport and general
coaching techniques through continuing education; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to display
sportsmanship, poise, self-control, sense of fairness and judgment and healthy role-modeling; ability to show
leadership, motivational and communication skills when dealing with students; ability to demonstrate knowledge of
policies, procedures, and guidelines for assigned sport set forth by various third party agencies; ability to demonstrate
an understanding of school district and board policies, goals and strategy when developing sport vision, mission and
goals; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written format with people with varying levels of English
capability; ability to maintain composure and display problem solving skills; ability to establish and maintain effective
working relationships with associates, coaches, administrators, students and the general public.