Description: Head Varsity Coach for Girls HOCKEY
- Coordinate the organization and implementation of the athletic program;
- Provide coaching and instruction to high school girls in a competitive program.
- Work collaboratively with athletic director to implement a coaching philosophy that is supportive of student/athletes’ development.
- Help coaches in the program organize and implement practice plans, periodically attending practices at all age groups and levels;
- Must have strong interest and commitment to student athlete development, with an emphasis on the student as a person;
- Coordinate the selection of players for the Varsity team and all high school levels;
- Design and implement practice plans and game strategies;
- Serve as both a teacher and a role model on and off the ice;
- Foster a fun, supportive learning environment for all players;
- Prioritize the safety of all players on and off the ice;
- Promote the high ideals of the Orono Public Schools in positive character development of all participants by discussing the importance of education, teamwork, effort, and respect;
- Interact with and engage parents in a respectful and cooperative manner;
- Establish rules for the team in partnership with the Athletic Director and consistent with MSHSL requirements pertaining to on and off-ice behavior and eligibility requirements;
- Motivate student athletes to demonstrate the highest levels of performance and ethics in interscholastic athletics.
- Communicate effectively with student/athletes, coaching staff, parents, and building administrators, regarding program needs and developments.
- Must have strong experience in playing/coaching/evaluating;
- Head high school coaching experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role.
- Must possess strong organization and communication skills.
- Must be a positive role model with strong work ethic and a huge passion for the sport.
- Coaches will need to be certified to coach through one or more of the following prior to beginning coaching assignment:
- Valid Minnesota teacher certification, and/or
- Valid coaching license from accredited college, and/or
- Completion of the NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching class per MSHSL policy.
Bargaining Group and Level: NA
District Website: www.orono.k12.mn.us