Date Posted: June 29, 2022
Position Title: Health Associate / Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Special Education
Assignment Location: Pinecrest Elementary School, Hastings, MN, to support the Dakota Alternative for the Severly Handicapped (DASH) Program
Hours per Day: 7.25
Schedule: 7:40 a.m. to 2:55 p.m., Monday through Friday, following school calendar as assigned
Anticipated Start Date: August 31, 2022
Salary: $22.69 / hour per the Related Service Nurses’ Contract
- Provide one-to-one health care and implement emergency health care plans for a student receiving special education services, under supervision of a licensed school nurse.
- Provide instructional support and personal care services for students receiving special education services.
- Dispense, record, and administer medications according to school policy, under supervision of a licensed school nurse.
- Receive and carry out verbal or written orders from medical doctors.
- Report student health related problems to a licensed school nurse.
- Maintain student health records, including immunizations and third party billing.
- Provide orientation, supervision and direction for the implementation of medical assistance reimbursement for personal care services as directed by the school nurse.
- Obtain and maintain current certification in CPR and Basic First Aid.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of weight and up to adult-size body weight with two-to-three-person lift. Ability to tolerate frequent bending and leaning.
QUALIFICATIONS: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN) preferred
Intermediate School District 917 serves the low incidence needs of students receiving special education services from our member school districts in the southeastern metropolitan area. Students are referred to us by member school districts. Our programs and services include comprehensive options and efficient special education services that expand on what member districts may be able to offer students in their own schools. Programs provide special education and related service support to students from early childhood through age 21 in a variety of different, specialized settings for students with emotional/behavioral disorders, autism spectrum disorders, developmental and cognitive disabilities, mental health needs, those who are deaf and hard of hearing, and learning disabilities.
In our highly-structured and specialized educational environments, you will encounter:
- Classrooms of 4-8 students supported by a teacher and 3-6 trained paraprofessionals.
- Behavior support teams, including board certified behavior analysts.
- Lead teachers to support due process and curriculum development.
- Collaborative teams, which can include: audiologists, interveners, interpreters, teachers, paraprofessionals, developmental adaptive physical education teachers, occupational therapists, physical therapists, school psychologists, school nurses, health associates, school social workers, and speech language pathologists.
- Functional spaces, which can include: individualized work spaces for each student, group instruction areas, sensory spaces, break spaces, playground/gym/area for gross motor movement, and safety features for staff and students.
District 917 also provides students from member districts a secondary education program, including Dakota County Area Learning Schools, which provide alternative learning programming both in-person and online to students in need of a positive, safe, and structured learning environment outside their resident high school, and Dakota County Secondary Technical Center, which provides technical education for high school students in 10th, 11th, and 12th grade.
Application Procedure: Can be completed at https://www.applitrack.com/isd917/onlineapp/
District 917’s Website: http://www.isd917.org/
To apply,please contact: email@example.com
Intermediate School District 917 is an equal opportunity employer