Position: District COVID Health Office Assistant
License: Appropriate and current medical licensure such as Physician, Nursing, or Public Health.
District COVID Health Office Assistant
Reports to: Superintendent
Purpose of Job
Under the leadership of the Superintendent, and District Nurse the COVID Health Office Assistant is responsible for assisting the District Nurse in planning, supervising, and implementing the programs, services, operations, and training for COVID preparedness and programming.
1. Serves as a contact for COVID preparedness and programming.
2. Attend relevant meetings at the state, local, and District level.
3. Provide information, guidance, and strategic direction for the development, implementation, and revision of plans for COVID preparedness and programming.
4. Ensure coordination of communication of information to be distributed by the District Nurse to district staff, students, families, and community members.
5. Provide education and training regarding COVID prevention and response protocols.
6. Continuously monitor and supervise COVID preparedness and response activities.
7. Work with Health Services, Facilities and Grounds Director, and Business Office to ensure adequate stock and supplies are procured, stored, distributed, etc.
8. Compile, manage, and make available relevant information related to COVID.
9. Work directly with the Minnesota Department of Health and Wright and Hennepin County Public Health for the collection of information and maintenance of records regarding COVID-related illnesses and contract-tracing.
10. React quickly to priority-level issues, implement appropriate protocols for assessment and response.
Employees are responsible to be knowledgeable about all district policy.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management.
Job Qualifications (list the minimum education, formal training, skills and experience required)
- Must hold appropriate and current medical licensure such as Physician, Nursing, or Public Health.
- Experience and/or knowledge in working with infectious diseases are preferred.
- Must possess organizational skills.
- Must be able to take initiative, multi-task, and manage task timelines.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in or ability to acquire skills in the use of the student information system and other technologies.
Work is performed under normal office conditions. The work involves continuous contacts and interactions with staff, students, district administrators, outside agencies, and others.
Rockford Area Schools a Tradition of Excellence one student at a time!