Bargaining Unit: Duluth Federation of Teachers, Local 692, A.F.T. https://www.isd709.org/departments/human-resources/bargaining-unit-contracts
FTE: 1.00 FTE
Fiscal Year: 2022-2023
- We will build on our shared beliefs and values of unity, high achievement and responsible use of resources to create Duluth Public Schools and classrooms that are safe, supportive and inclusive.
- We will work to inspire every student to achieve their potential, and prepare students to lead productive, fulfilling lives as citizens of Duluth and the wider world.
- Working together as educators, parents and citizens, we can make a difference for every student, every day.
- Native or near native Spanish fluency. (For non-native Spanish speakers we require an “Advanced” rating under the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines, as well as a writing sample.)
- English language proficiency
- Current Minnesota Elementary K-6 teaching license (or be eligible for a MN K-6 teaching license) ? Preferred prior successful experience teaching in an immersion, multicultural setting.
- Demonstrated continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration and/or job-embedded staff development.
- Strong, positive, and successful classroom management skills.
- Energetic, positive, enthusiastic, and creative individuals who will assist in promoting and developing the new Spanish Immersion program.
- Apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/duluth/onlineapp/default.aspx
- External Applicants must complete the online application and include the following documents: Cover Letter, Resume, Transcripts, and (3) Letters of Recommendation to be considered for this position.
- You will be notified by Frontline, if selected for an interview.
Medical/Prescription Drug Plan with Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- Single Coverage – District pays 100% of premium (FREE) + contributes $2,612.50 into HRA annually
- Family Coverage – District pays 75% of premium (25% employee contribution) + contributes $5,225.00 into HRA annually
- Single Coverage – District pays 100% of Basic premium (FREE)
- Family Coverage – District pays 25% of Premium
- District provides minimum of $50,000 of life insurance at no cost, employee may purchase supplemental life insurance
Long Term Disability
- District-provided at no cost to employee
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employees may elect to contribute on a pre-tax basis to Health Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- The District contributes 7.25% of your total salary in the Public Employees Retirement Association) pension plan.
- Employees may also elect to participate in Tax-Shelter Annuity options.
- Each bargaining unit contract defines time off provisions such as holidays, sick/personal leave, vacation, etc.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or contact the Certified Human Resources line at 218-336-8721.