Internal consideration is given until 3:30 pm on August 11, 2022.
Position: Inclusion Paraeducator – Adventure Connection (AC)
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:30-9:00 am
Start Date: September 06, 2022
Pay: $21.50 per hour.
Benefits: Benefits are in accordance with the labor agreement covering Paraeducators – https://www.isd622.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=329
Summary: The School Age Child Care Inclusion Paraeducator will assist in the implementation of school age child care programming for children in grades K – 5 by providing supervised activities that address the physical, social, mental, and emotional needs of participants. This includes helping children with special needs to positively adapt to the Adventure Connection environment.
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification in First Aid and CPR
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective stress management skills applicable to the guidance and monitoring of children with special needs, including the ability to intervene appropriately in a crisis situation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in school-age care or education
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate activities and environments for school-age children. Assist with providing necessary adaptations and accommodations as directed by the Site Manager, Program Assistant or AC Inclusion Facilitator.
- Promote a safe, appropriate, and productive environment for children with special needs and ensure that the children’s needs are met by performing duties such as, but not limited to, to the following:
- Redirecting inappropriate behaviors
- Feeding, dressing, and repositioning participants
- Assist with toileting as necessary and as required by IEP
- Escorting participants between program areas
- Assisting participants in interacting appropriately with other children and adults
- Supervising participants on a 1:1 basis away from the group
- Supervising participants on community outings, including during bus loading and unloading
- Communicate and maintain good working relationships with school personnel, the Adventure Connection Site Manager, staff, parents, students, and the public
- Set up the Adventure Connection space including pushing/pulling cabinets with toys and activities and ensuring that these materials are accessible to participants
- Supervise, lead, and participate in arts and crafts, games, gym/outdoor activities, and field trips
- Work with other children as appropriate when participants with special needs do not require immediate support
- Assist in maintaining program records. This includes the monitoring, documentation, and reinforcement of children’s behavior through the implementation of specific behavior management plans as needed.
- Prepare and serve snacks
- Complete light clean-up including wiping down tables and sweeping/mopping small areas
- Understand and follow all District and Adventure Connection policies and guidelines
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings as required
- Open and close the Adventure Connection facilities as required
- Other related duties as assigned
ISD 622 is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.