Description: The Instructional Assistant assists by supervising students in the classroom, on the playground, and in the lunchroom, and by preparing materials for use in the classroom. Classroom set-up and clean-up are also a part of this job.
Starting pay is $19.06 per hour. For additional details, please see the attached master agreement.
1. Assist the teacher in the classroom with tutoring students, collecting student data, and other student activities to ensure effective classroom management.
2. Assist teachers in collecting and preparing instructional materials, which may include shopping for supplies; such as, media center materials, reading and math worksheets and tests, project materials, general supplies, and straightening rooms so that instructional materials are available
when needed to support classroom activities. Set-up, organize, and replace consumable materials used in the classroom to ensure materials are available for students and ensure effective classroom management.
3. Utilize positive behavior management techniques at the direction of the teacher to ensure effective classroom management.
4. Assist the teacher in the production of materials to be used during class time to ensure effective classroom management.
5. Maintain confidentiality of family and program information.
6. Work as a team member with other staff to promote positive educational environment.
7. Supervise students in the lunchroom, classroom, playground, or other assigned areas and may also wipe lunch tables so that students act in a safe manner appropriate to the school environment.
8. May perform general duties; such as, filing, copying, data entry, and answering phones so that the needs of building teachers are met.
9. May sell, take and/or tally tickets for various school events.
10. Other job related duties as assigned.
1. High school degree, GED, or equivalent experience.
2. Ability to work effectively with parents, students, and other staff.
3. Ability and experience working with classroom technology is desirable.
4. Willingness to accept and follow direction.
5. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
6. General office skills.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
8. Ability to work overtime including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Equity is one of ISD728’s core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. ISD728 will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.