Pine Meadow Primary School
Summary: To work with the Principals, teachers and district administrators to improve instruction and student learning.
Reports to: Sara Nelson, Pine Meadow Primary Principal
- Implement the District Literacy Plan.
- Evaluate literacy needs within various subject areas and collaborate with teachers and administrators to interpret and use assessment data to improve instruction.
- Assist in the implementation of the District Multi-Tiered Support System.
- Assist in developing and implementing school continuous improvement plans.
- Use assessment data to assist teachers, administrators/counselors/support teams with placement of students in appropriate instructional intervention or accelerated programs.
- Facilitate training, planning and coordination of state and local standardized assessments.
- Assist teachers with analysis of formal and informal assessment data of their students, to determine the appropriate response to instruction.
- Assist teachers with planning, sequencing, and scaffolding of instruction.
- Guide teachers in determining instructional strategies that will best meet the needs of students who are not responding to interventions.
- Work to assure articulation from elementary to middle to high school levels.
- Attend scheduled meetings and conferences.
- Provide in-service training and follow-up coaching to assist classroom teachers in the use of reading/learning strategies in their classrooms.
- Work with teachers individually, in collaborative teams, grade level teams and/or with departments and learning cohorts providing practical support on a full range of reading, writing, and communication strategies.
- Observe and provide feedback to teachers on instruction related to literacy development and content area knowledge.
- Collaborate with teams on district-level in-service planning.
- Continue professional growth and strengthen professional teaching knowledge, skills, and strategies through an ongoing program of workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work.
- Provide staff development for teachers, volunteers, parents, administrators, and other appropriate personnel as needed.
- Encourage literacy and life-long learning.
- Maintain and promptly submit accurate, complete, and correct records and reports as required by law, by grant regulations, by district policy, and by administrative directives.
- Establish rapport with faculty and staff.
- Work to promote productive and collaborative relationships with and among school staff.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings.
- Uphold school rules, administrative regulations, and School Board policies.
- Five years teaching experience
- Current teaching license
- Master’s Degree in reading, curriculum or related field
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching
- Leadership experience
- Knowledge of best practices in reading instruction
- In-depth understanding of the Minnesota English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
- Assessment and Data Analysis experience
- Reading Corps training and/or supervision experience
Application materials required for consideration:
1. Completed online application
2. Resume and cover letter, free of grammatical and spelling errors
3. Three letters of recommendation – one from an administrator
Salary and Benefits:
Please see the Sartell Education Association agreement for salary and benefit information.
Posting closes September 23, 2020
Final job offer is contingent upon a criminal background check and board approval.