Work Schedule: 2 days/week, between, 1.50 hours per day
Start Date: season runs 4-6 weeks with exact dates to be determined
Location: Edgewood Middle School, Chippewa Middle School, Highview Middle School
Job Summary: Ability to positively interact and build relationships with middle school aged (11-14 year old) students of diverse backgrounds while coaching them of the fundamental running skills in a learning non-competitive environment. Must enjoy running distances.
Essential job functions include the following:
- Teach Fundamental running skills including:
- The importance of stretching before and after each run
- Breathing techniques
- Proper form and pacing for distance running
- Organize daily practices activities
- Emphasize team work, good sportsmanship and appropriate sports participant behaviors.
- Models appropriate behavior with participants
- Provide a supportive environment during practices, equal attention to all participants regardless of skill level
- Track participant attendance during practices and ensuring parent pick-up or busing for participants.
- Maintaining the care of athletic equipment and proper storage.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Middle School Co-Curricular Coordinator
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Previous experience working with middle school students.
- Previous experience with running distances.
- Previous coaching experience preferred.
- Teach basic to advanced fundamentals for distance running
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
To be determined