WORK YEAR: Full-time, 260 days per year; 8 hours per day; 7:15 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
SALARY: Off-Schedule Technical, B-2-1, $34,778
BENEFITS: Benefits available.
Contact the Insurance office @ 507-328-4226 for detailed insurance information. Make sure to reference the exact job posting.
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4253 or email email@example.com.
Purpose of Job:
This position is responsible for ensuring an outstanding level of customer service by providing technology support to faculty and staff in their school/district activities and by coordinating the Help Desk. Responsible for engaging in more proactive planning and support and organizing the Help Desk to be flexible and adaptable in meeting the changing needs of district users. Prioritizes, evaluates, resolves and escalates help desk calls as required. Assists in managing technology inventory, ordering of parts, equipment and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provides customers with first-level diagnosis and trouble shooting of computer problems relating to software packages, basic hardware issues, word processing spread sheets, accounting systems and specific applications.
- Understands common problem inquiries to offer immediate solutions; tracks all customer contacts, researches questions and issues, and resolves each interaction, to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Escalates problems to second or third level support personnel when appropriate, via proper escalation procedures. Dispatches calls to technical analysts and/or leads as required. Conducts follow-up checks to ensure that problems were resolved.
- Documents all inquiries, calls and contacts with details and sufficient information for support personnel.
- Coordinates problem-solving efforts with support personnel, vendors, users, as needed.
- Regularly attends technical and communication training sessions; applies new information to work processes.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
- Performs related duties as required.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Associates degree preferred. Bachelors degree preferred.
- Specialized training in computers and software applications.
- Other combinations of applicable education, training, and experience equivalent to a bachelors degree, which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform effectively in the position, may be considered.
Job Requirements: Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of personal computers, current database and software programs.
- Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware problems and familiarity with Windows and iOS operating systems.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment and manage time effectively.
- Ability to perform routine comparisons of data and analyses of information.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to quickly learn new skills and technology.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
Light Work: Exerting up to 70 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects. Fine finger dexterity.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
Please visit www.rochesterschools.org to learn more about Rochester Public Schools.