WORK YEAR: Full-time, 260 days per year; 8 hours per day; 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
SALARY: Off-Schedule Technical, B-2-3, $41,333
BENEFITS: Benefits available.
Contact the Insurance office @ 507-328-4226 for detailed insurance information. Make sure to reference the exact job posting.
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose of Job:
Rochester Public Schools is seeking IT Support Technicians who are responsible, dependable, and committed to building a long-term career with us.
You must be a goal-driven team player with solid organizational skills and a keen attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assists customers, end users and operating staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, tablets and related technology.
- Interaction with multiple levels of end users, managers, VIPs and local technical staff is required.
- Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
- Interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
- A good understanding of general IT services is required.
- “Smart Hands” services and cooperation with subject matter experts to provide “eyes, hands and feet” in support of Networking Equipment, Servers, Telecoms and other IT related equipment.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- At least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area required.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Strong Microsoft operating System installation and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong Break / Fix skills Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks Tablets and Printers.
- Broad experience in IT related services with basic understanding of Networks, both wired and wireless.
- iOS first level troubleshooting.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating.
- Ability to successfully pass a background security check.
- Experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge.
Job Requirements: Skills and Abilities:
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues for basic desktop/laptop/workstation support, basic connectivity support (wired and wireless), tablets, Smartphones and basic printer support.
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues. Ability to install, configure, reconfigure or reinstall software including remote support.
- Reimaging computers/hard drives in accordance with customer standards.
- Taking ownership of issues from end-to-end to reach a resolution for all appropriate requests and incidents.
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing a ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
- Move equipment associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests.
- Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
- Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Certificate and License Requirements:
- CompTIA Network+ preferred
- MCP/MTA: Desktop (Microsoft Certified Professional/Microsoft Technology Associate) is preferred.
Light Work: Exerting up to 70 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects. Fine finger dexterity.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
Please visit www.rochesterschools.org to learn more about Rochester Public Schools.