Assistant Boys & Girls Track Coach
The Byron High School track team is looking for a Junior High assistant coach to begin the 2022-2023 season. This coach will have the responsibility to guide and direct the team in practices and competitions. The coach will place emphasis on individual player development and growth, along with team cohesiveness, over the length of the track season. Most practices and all meets will occur at the Byron Middle School, and they begin in March 13th.
- Program development, lends support to the activities department, the program, and to the vision and mission of the district.
- Helps direct pre-season meetings with parents, athletes and coaches as well as in-season staff and athlete meetings.
- Experience as a coach or as a participant in the sport.
- Must have sound knowledge and background of the sport they are coaching.
- Must be able to relate to student-athletes in a positive manner and be a good role model.
- Builder of strong, positive relationships with all stakeholder groups.
- High energy, innovative, and an effective communicator.
- Caring role model, excellent knowledge of the sport and skills.
- Believes that all athletes can attain high levels of success. Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students.
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
- Possesses a growth-mindset, strong listening skills, and provides athletes opportunities to be involved in the community.
- Fosters team-building and respect while developing players as athletes and individuals.