FTE: 0.5 FTE (4 hours per day; anticipated hours 11:30-3:30)
Salary: Per the Hopkins Education Association (HEA) Master Agreement Salary Schedule
Date Closing: We will review applications on a rolling basis as they are submitted, but will accept applications until the position is filled.
Join our VirtualEDU Team!
As we grow our team, Hopkins Public Schools and VirtualEDU’s vision is to hire and retain a community of staff who are representative of our student demographics. We are committed to developing pathways for individuals with diverse life experiences and linguistic backgrounds to enter, feel connected and supported in, and thrive as integral members of our education team. Individuals with diverse life experiences and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
We are building a community of educators who are up for the challenge of reimagining how we do school from the ground up. It won’t be easy, but it will be rewarding. An ideal candidate would have a tendency to reject the status quo and a strong desire to tinker and reinvent our learning models. They would understand the role systematic racism and oppression plays in education and are committed to taking an anti-biased, anti-racist approach in all functions and interactions. They would thrive in a small community where each member is a leader and an influencer towards ‘living out loud’ our collective commitments. While we are a virtual community, this role does report in person to foster a strong sense of community and organic collaboration.
Music Teacher Position:
We are a fully online K-12 learning community. We are seeking a Music educator to join our multiage teaching team. In efforts to be transparent and honor the gifts you have as an educator…
- We are seeking a team member who has strengths in developing a strong sense of community in a virtual setting and an engaging online presence, with a passion for facilitating music learning, creative expression and overall wellness.
- We actively partner with students and caregivers to build and sustain authentic relationships and be vigilantly focused on equity.
- We take a family style, team teaching approach where all the children are all of our children.
- We amplify each other’s strengths as a community to love children and our community well, building a culture where full authentic selves are welcomed, encouraged and loved.
- We use a multiage, concept-based inquiry approach.
- We use project-based learning for social change as our core instructional strategy. We are moving away from scripted curriculum being the driver and positioning students at the center in culturally sustaining and restorative ways.
- We provide learning experiences in multiage whole group, small group and one-on-one settings.
- We create and facilitate a blend of synchronous (live via Google Meet) and asynchronous (self-paced via Canvas and Seesaw) learning experiences.
- This position will provide content-based, academic standards aligned learning experiences AND schoolwide enrichment learning experiences that are aligned with students’ passions and interests, and are informed by wellness data and academic standards.
- This position will have the opportunity to build an instrumental program from the ground up.
- This is a part-time, 0.5 FTE position with anticipated hours of 11:30am – 3:30pm.
Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
- Possession of a current MN Educator’s License from the following licensure areas:
- Music: Instrumental and Classroom (Grades K-12)
- Music: Vocal and Classroom (Grades K-12)
- Driver’s License
Application Process: Required for all internal/external applicants:
- Online Application
- Cover letter OR video expressing your interest in the position
- 3 professional references
VirtualEDU Learning Facilitator Commitments and Responsibilities:
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Hopkins Education Association (HEA) Master Agreement
- Hopkins Teacher Job Description
- Other duties as assigned in service to our Hopkins: Vision 2031, System Goals, Equity Audit Findings and the K-12 VirtualEDU Community.
- Work is performed in a virtual classroom setting, a collaborative teaching/learning community and off-site locations for in-person meet-ups and home visits.
- Occasional travel required to locations throughout the District.
Supporting Resource: Click here, VirtualEDU Information, to learn more about:
- VirtualEDU’s Program Statement
- Why choose VirtualEDU?
- An Ideal Candidate